Sunday 16 June 2013

Parklife Weekender


Parklife Weekender 2013, Heaton Park 


Still wishing it was this time last week I thought I'd make a post about the 2013 Parklife Weekender at Heaton Park, Manchester. I knew it was going to be a heavy weekend as everyone headed back to halls and friends came to stay from home for the festival, the buzz around the city had been going on for weeks and everyone was ready to see what the weekend had in-store... 




We chose to pay for the shuttle bus service they had put on for everyone from the city centre however when we got they're the queue was huge so decided to jump in taxis anyway. Once we arrived we headed straight for the log flume... I was drenched but it was so much fun. The festival was so much bigger than I expected the amount of tents, stages, shops, rides and even a Nando's!  

The lineup for me was much more appealing then evolutions... eager to see acts such as Netsky, Disclosure, Julio Bashmore, The Temper Trap and Example to name a few. Throughout the whole weekend non of the acts disappointed however I'm so gutted I didn't get to see Disclosure as the tent was so full so we decided to leave a tiny bit earlier to head for Afterlife at Avici White. 

Bassface at Avici White was one of the best nights out I've had in Manchester for a while... over exam period I cut down on my nights out so I think that is what made this so good! 
Bassface has always been a favourite throughout
first year so it was nice to sample one of the last ones of the year and it did not let us down, rolling in at 4am to get some much needed beauty sleep before day 2. 

I couldn't have thought of a better way to spend my weekend in the Mancunian sunshine which, lets face it, doesn't happen that often. My highlights definitely included Netsky, Julio and Example, the view from the top of the big wheel and the log flume.  
Nice shot of us soaked through for the rest of the day. -->

I would recommend this weekender to anyone that has the opportunity to go to it next summer, well worth every penny! The lack of signal and missing Disclosure were the only downfall so I plan on purchasing WHP tickets for them in November ASAP. 


No comments:

Post a Comment