Monday 17 June 2013

Father's Day


Father's Day 2013 

As it was Father's Day yesterday I'm going to dedicate this post to the best man in the world, my Dad. Yesterday I was up at half 7 in the morning to head back to Newcastle to give him a big surprise! I had managed to tell a few little white lies that I couldn't manage to get out of work for a couple of days which meant I couldn't head back home.

Family Snap


Leaving his present last time I was home and posting a personalised Funky Pigeon card,  he was even less suspecting... thinking he was picking up a friend from the metro station he was shocked to see me! Once we arrived home, he made his home made scrummy Sunday roast... it was delightful (being used to my student budget food and less than average cooking ability.)

We then spent the rest of the afternoon chilling in the sunshine in the back garden with some strawberries and cream and headed down to the local beach for an evening stroll. The day was well worth the coach journey from Manchester just to be able to spend the day in the company of my parents and be all cosy at home.  Sky+ and a bubble bath will always be a miss.

Tynemouth Beach, North East, UK


I hope my Dad enjoyed his surprise, I want to thank him for all the support he's given me this year, along with my Mum. They made it possible for me to move away for university which has been the most incredible experience of my life and has opened so many opportunities which I didn't expect for first year. Excited to see what the future has to hold and it wouldn't have been possible without the two of them.  All soppy but true.







No comments:

Post a Comment