Friday 14 June 2013

Evolution Festival

Evolution Festival, Newcastle Quayside 


As it's my first post I have decided to go back a few weeks to Evolution Festival or as us Geordies like to call it EVO! The festival is always held the same time and place every year, the last bank holiday in may on the beautiful Newcastle quayside... I decided to choose this weekend to show a couple of my university friends, what my hometown has to offer... 



The sun shining, we headed straight down to the quayside to collect our wristbands for the whole weekend, their was absolutely no queue at all and once we had them we decided to do what we do best shop, as the music wasn't due to start until early evening. 

After falling on some bargain shades and purchasing some old school disposable cameras, (the photos are still a secret, why I have such a love for them) we met some more friends from the train station and headed down to the festival. The first act we saw was Rudimental after seeing them twice last year in Mallorca Rocks they did not disappoint again, waiting all night being a current favourite! The Vaccines headlined the stage for the first night and they did literally manage to blow it up... so soo good. 

Not opting for an early night in we decided to head straight for Newcastle's biggest night club Digital, I was eager for my uni friends to see what I had raved about for so long and they LOVED it! There was a DJ set on by Chuckie which did make it quite an expensive night by my standards however we did get £5 cheaper entry with our bands and the money was well worth it! 

Suffering a little from the night before we headed out for day 2 of the festival a little less up beat because of the weather but excited non the less, opportunity to show off our lovely, matching £8 Primark macs! Jake Bugg was the highlight of the Monday and the whole weekend for me, he was amazing and I haven't stopped replaying his album since. He was shortly followed by Paloma Faith, stunning voice and an even nicer personality, a good role model for girls if I ever did see one. 



In all for around £35 the music was well worth it however I did feel amongst the older majority of the festival goers... in all though I recommend the weekend especially for people to see the city as the festival creates a great atmosphere throughout the city. 


No comments:

Post a Comment